Younis Khan announces retirement from international cricket



Test batsman Younis Khan announced his retirement from international cricket in a press conference in Karachi on Saturday.
“I would like to formally announce that [my retirement] after this next series against West Indies and thank everyone for their continuous support in my journey,” Younis Khan said
“I would like my fans to forgive me for any shortcomings in my career or times where I have not been able to deliver in the ground, Younis Khan said
He is just 23 runs away from the 10,000-runs mark in Test cricket and is expected to achieve the benchmark in the upcoming Test series against West Indies.
Over the 17-year span of his career, Khan has been a hugely successful batsman. With a Test average of over 50, a triple-hundred, a double-hundred against India in India and a memorable partnership to clinch Pakistan’s 3-0 Test whitewash over England: Khan’s career speaks for itself.
Khan also became the only batsman to have scored a century in 11 different countries when he smashed the 34th ton of his career at the Sydney Cricket Ground against Australia in
2016.
Leading the Pakistani team to win the 2009 T20 World Cup.
 


Post a Comment

 
Top